As of September 2021, the StoryGuider series is also aligned with a preschool curriculum! We are focusing on skills that the kids are working on in class each week, and you can use this for your classrooms or at home to help your child progress through different sets of developmental milestones.
Check out these premade StoryGuider adventures aligned with the cirriculum:
- Sandy the Dragon holiday specials
- Sandy the Dragon core trilogy
- The Astronaut trilogy
- The Treasure Seeker trilogy
- Coming in Oct – The Hero City trilogy
I hope you enjoy these games and this gives you some new options for playing with your family, classroom, etc.
I will add new games as they are released, but to get notified when they are available, please either follow the TTRPGkids itch.io page or sign up for the monthly TTRPGkids email newsletter via the subscribe page!
For the base StoryGuider game details, please see below!
StoryGuider is a system to help make simple stories with your kid(s) so they can get used to tabletop role-playing games (TTRPGs), decision-making, problem-solving, etc.
It focuses only on the RP side of TTRPGs (there are no dice or rule mechanics). This is so kids can get used to playing as a character and changing the story without having to simultaneously worry about learning mechanics that they are not familiar with. It is a stepping stone into playing more rules-based TTRPGs.
All StoryGuider games focus on the following core set of skills:
- Make choices between two options
- Point to pictures when they are named and/or naming pictures
- Give short answers (1-4 words)
- Play simple make-believe games
- Practice simple exercises
- Practice gross motor skills (jumping, stomping, etc)
- Practice fine motor skills (coloring, cutting, etc)
The base StoryGuider files (free) with a sample adventure can be found here on itch.io